It’s never been easier to access the PA Statewide ALS and BLS Protocols. With UPMC EMS Navigator, the 2011 protocols are interactive and at your fingertips — linking you instantly to medication information, drug calculators, and other relevant information.
How does this help you?
UPMC EMS Navigator gives you and your EMS team immediate access to information that can help you save lives, with no papers to flip through and no hard-to-read PDFs.
UPMC EMS Navigator provides decision support tools to quickly assess patient condition, treat as needed, and contact Medical Command during critical moments in caring for and transporting your patient to the hospital. Download this invaluable tool and start using it today!
This app was developed by UPMC and its Technology Development Center (TDC), leaders in applying technology to improve healthcare throughout the region.
- PA Statewide Protocols — Supplies the full Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support Protocols, as published by the PA Department of Health, right at your fingertips. Includes links to medication information, other protocols, and tools directly from within the protocols.
- Drug Lookup — Provides concise information for the most common medications used by EMS staff, including: dosage calculators, route of administration, contraindications, possible side effects, and direct links to PA ALS and BLS protocols.
- GPS Locator — Pinpoints your location with precise coordinates and integrated maps, where available.
- Hospital Directory — Displays a list of regional hospitals, including contact information and web addresses.
- Quick Call — Presents a one-touch option to quickly call either a custom Medical Command number or a primary number that you define — from anywhere in the application.
- Continuing Education — Provides a calendar of upcoming events and educational opportunities. Coming soon: On-the-go participation in educational programs.
Download the UPMC EMS Navigator app from iTunes or the Android Market.
Return to the Innovation & News page